Saturday, August 30, 2008

Where have all the good friends gone?

I really wish I had more friends locally...

I suppose it is because I went to so many different schools, especially in high school, that I never really got the chance to make any lasting friendships. Most of the people that I went to high school with didn't even live here.
I only spent 6 months in Maine, but those were the friends that I became closest too and of course none of them lived here either.
In fact, my best friend was a girl from Japan, who I have since lost touch with. Hopefully I'll find here again someday.
The friends that I have made most recently live in Michigan, but too far away to just call up for a night out, or else they live in other states too.
Facebook has been a lifesaver for finding some of my old middle school friends and who knows... maybe that will lead to hanging out more. However, right now I just feel so alone.
The friends that I do have here, I really don't have anything in common with anymore.
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE spending time with them, but they are all married or engaged...some have babies, and I am just not at that stage in my life yet.
I may be almost 30, but I am a young 30. I'm still in college,
I still enjoy going to clubs and bars, I just want to have fun!
If I happen to meet a great guy in the process that's even better, but I'm not out there seeking marriage.
I guess I am hoping that by getting back into theater that will open up a whole new world for me again. A world that I have missed for so many years. Only a true thespian can understand what I mean, but the friends you make in the theater almost always stick around.
After all what happens backstage....Stays backstage!

No comments:

Post a Comment