Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Great Lakes State

It's been a few days and I've really got nothing super exciting to report. Things here in "the mitten" are just as boring as always...
Don't get me wrong, Michigan is an awesome place to be if you've never been here before, but living here all my life, it just doesn't have the same appeal as it does to tourists.
I am reminded of a few months ago, when a a group of people came here for a convention that I was volunteering at. After it was over, I took a friend of mine around town before he had to go to the airport and couldn't think of a single thing to do with him!!!
How sad is that? I have lived her for 29 years, and don't even know what to do when I have friends visiting from out of state.
Recently I met a guy who lives about 2 hours away from me. He occasionally makes it out to this side of town and wanted to know what we should do the next time we went out. I know I should have a better idea of things to do here, but aside from the occasional dance club, or mall, movie theater, comedy club, or Play. I guess I don't get out much...Lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment