Friday, August 29, 2008

Unemployment

So everyone that I talked to when I lost my job said filing for unemployment was easy.
Ha!! Do they know who they are talking to?
I can turn even the simplest task into a long drawn out process. It seems like if it is going to happen to someone, it is almost always me who is going to have problems.
Anyway, here is the story... I was laid off on July 23rd and probably should have filed that day but I got busy, and actually didn't apply until the following week. So after the whole online application process, you're supposed to get a confirmation number. I don't know if it was something on my end or if it had something to do with the computers at the unemployment office but I DIDN'T get a confirmation number. All I got was a blank box where my only choice was to quit my application. So, that's what I did.
I then started a new application and this time after it was complete, I got my confirmation number and was told that I could call M.A.R.V.I.N on August 16th between 6-7 pm YAY!!! Right? .....Wrong! I called on August 16th and the automated system that they use at Marvin hung up on me! OK, fine whatever.....I'll call again tomorrow.
So, on Wednesday Aug 17th I call back and get hung up on again...saying we're sorry you are unable to register with Marvin until after August 25th. Ummm, OK....why is that?
So, I call the unemployment office again. This time they tell me that they have on record that I filled twice!!! So, I explain to them what happened when I first applied with the whole not getting a confirmation number....with me so far?
They tell me that they can fix it and it will be set back to the original date I was supposed to be approved. This way, I won't miss out on any of the money I should be getting....hopefully. To make an extremely long story kind of shorter....LoL, I finally got through to Marvin, and got everything sorted out yesterday.
Except that due to some new program that the government has going on, everything is taking longer than it should. They now have 5 weeks from the time I applied before they actually have to send my check out to me. This means that I may not get any money until after September 12th!!!!
At this rate, I'll be employed full time again before I even get my unemployment!

No comments:

Post a Comment