Monday, August 25, 2008

Story of my life... venting session

As most of you know, but many of you probably don't I lost my job a couple weeks ago.

Our economy really sucks right now. Especially for people in childcare. No jobs for parents means no jobs for teachers. YES, it was devastating, and YES, I am having a really difficult time financially but I'm confident it will all work out for the best.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely loved my job (most days)

My babies were my life, and I will miss them like crazy, but I can't stay at a Day care center that...

1. Doesn't have it together enough to consistently have the same teacher with the same kids.

2. Cuts your hours just so they don't have to offer benefits.

3. Wants the classroom run a certain way, yet won't supply the appropriate materials to go with the lesson plan they force you to follow.

As if that wasn't bad enough, some people seem to be spreading an extremely vicious rumor about me. Although I have it under control it still hurts..... It hurts A LOT!!!

These people were supposed to be my friends, people that I care about deeply.

Without going into too much detail, one person in particular was the reason that I got involved in LPA in the first place. Even when calling to find out more information about the conference, I felt slightly out of place. However, since one of my best friends is an LP I was curious what, if anything I could do to show my support.

I got in touch with an absolutely fabulous woman (or so I thought) who invited me (and Danielle) to a BBQ with our local chapter. She was the one that welcomed me with open arms for months, convinced me not only to volunteer my time but also to become a member. She said that in addition to making a donation, LPA would love to have me as a "support member" and then after the conference was over, she turned on me. No explanation, nothing....

Here is the rest of the story...kinda.

I still felt a bit out of place at the first BBQ but as soon as I walked into the backyard I felt like I belonged.

After spending countless hours with this group, I connected with another woman. Mainly because she and I had one thing in common. She to was an AH woman who was a member because her best friend was an LP. Turns out both these women were NOT who I thought they were. I found out about 3 weeks after the conference that they had both been spreading a rumor about me. I was lucky that not too many people heard it before I did, and was able to stop it but yeah, It really hurts.

Anyway, I have already said way more than I should... but hopefully you get the idea.

I love the friends I have made over the last year, my volunteering at the conference was an experience I won't soon forget. I think about all "My babies" everyday and can't wait until NY when I can volunteer again and see them all again.

I just hope that the people who know me, will stand up for me.

I know that I am NOT that kind of person, most of you know that I am NOT that kind of person, nor would I ever do anything to embarrass my friends, or the organization.

It's kind of ironic, I was actually warned shortly after the conference began that LPA can be very cliquey.... Thanks!

* If cliquey means being two-faced then thanks but no thanks!*

I'll just stick with my own clique at the next event and anyone that wants to be a part of it is more than welcome.

Guess I know who my real friends are!

No comments:

Post a Comment