Thursday, August 21, 2008

Now, the moment you've all been waiting for...

I know that I have been promising for a while to come back and tell you all what has been going on but I didn't want to jinx myself.
For starters, I have a couple interviews lined up in both New York and Los Angeles.
They are only phone interviews but if all goes well, I am hoping to move by the end of the year.

My preference would be LA because I have family there but we'll see what happens with the interviews and then I can decide.

I have been wanting to leave Michigan for about 4 years now but up until recently it just never seemed like the right time.

Now, for the most exciting news ever....at least it is for me.
I have an audition in less than 2 weeks to be in Seussical the Musical!!! Now, I realize that as musicals go this is not really a big deal, but it has been almost 7 years since I have been on stage and I need to start somewhere.
If I ever want to make it "big" I should be open to anything that will allow me to gain more experience. Right...?
I know I have what it takes to be in a much bigger production someday but for now, I will do anything just to show the world how talented I am.
My first year of college I almost quit acting all together...
During the first audition I went to, I was so nervous I started crying and ran out of the auditorium.
My acting instructor chased after me and said "Whatever you do....Don't ever let me see you walk off that stage again!""I see so much potential in you, and you have got something that I have never seen in any of my students, in all the years I have been teaching."
Thanks to a few words from a great teacher I am still getting on that stage to this day. Who knows? Maybe someday you can all say you knew me when.....

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I thought I'd leave a comment. Thanks for sharing your blog with me :) So you may be moving? What kind of job are you interviewing for? If you do leave you will have to visit with us before you go! You will be missed :(
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete