Saturday, August 30, 2008

Perfection? Could be...

I have to be honest...
I really have not been into the election much at all so far.
Our choices were Obama and McCain and I had mixed feelings about both. However, after the announcement that Senator McCain picked his running mate, my vote has been creeping towards his side more and more.
Wife, Mother, Governor and my new hero...
I haven’t really had time to do my research on her, but my Dad and I just had a long talk this afternoon about what an amazing person she really is. Her views on abortion and such are very similar to mine, but we won't even get started on that one!
I was sold, just on that view alone. What he failed to mention was that she also had a child with Down Syndrome.
Having suffered all my life from various learning disabilities, that have both hindered my ability to succeed, yet also made me the person I am today…I have to agree that she just may be exactly what this country needs .
It takes a special person to raise a child with a disability, and there are so few people out there that are willing to do that.
If McCain and Gov. Palin can do at least one thing for this country, let it be to advocate for the needs of those who are unable to do so for themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment