Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Nothing new to write about so....

While wandering around the mall today (I didn't buy anything. Can you believe it?) I decided to stop into the pet store.
I have always been told not to buy pets in a pet store, especially dogs and cats.
Usually they are not purebred and although this place seems to take excellent care of their animals, I don't think I would buy a dog from them. They were all so cute though... I just wanted to take every single one home with me.
Anyway, after staring at all the puppies for what seemed like hours, I went to hold the bunnies. The dutch rabbit
was so cuddly he just curled up under my chin. Another rabbit I have never heard of, called the lionhead rabbit actually sniffed my hand and licked me.
Next I decided to go check out the birds. I'm definitely not a bird expert and that is probably why the signs on all the display cases say you must be at least 18 to touch the animals.
No one was around but I have gone there before and never had a problem with any of the animals. Today was a different story.
They had a new breed of bird. I don't remember what she was but this bird was absolutely gorgeous. She was bigger than a parakeet but not by much, with the brightest green, yellow, red, and orange feathers I have ever seen. I slowly put my hand in, let her smell it. She climbs up on my finger and starts walking up my arm. I didn't want her to climb on my back where I couldn't reach her so I tried to get her to climb on my finger again and... SHE BITES ME!!!! HARD! She even drew blood!
I am such an animal lover, It really didn't bother me to much and I'm even thinking about working there one or two days a week just to spend more time with the animals. I could stay in that place for days.

3 comments:

  1. We're really big fans of adopting from the pound for the grand karmic reasons, but the pet store at the mall is a must-stop everytime we're there! Evan loves looking at the animals and dreaming of the day we have a place big enough for one or two... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They should give you a job just for taking that abuse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you sound just like me! I'm obsessed with animals which may be a reason I have 3 dogs and 2 cats...hmmm....Matt always tells me I should work in a place like that :) Kids and animals are my weakness ...not a bad one I don't think :)

    ReplyDelete