Thursday, November 13, 2008

When life throws you lemons...

Well, it has been a couple weeks since I have posted and I am still not working full-time. The company that I was so psyched to be working for kind of screwed me because they had me go through the orientation and many hours of training and then proceeded to tell me that they had no clients anywhere in my area. The closest one they have right now is over 2 HOURS AWAY!

I have been working odd jobs here and there, pet sitting, and lots of babysitting but I am getting discouraged! Our economy is so bad right now and I have made a lot of mistakes in my 30 years that have severely affected the way my life is now. When my Mom got sick I was in school, taking at least 3 classes a week and when she really started getting bad, I had to cut back on my work hours and quit school altogether. It was a combination of wanting to be there as much as I could (which I regret I did not do as often as I wanted to because it was just too painful to see her like that.) and the financial burden that her illness caused. I loved my mom very much and I was happy to give all that up if it meant her getting better. Once she passed away I was forced to work too many hours a week to go back. Now I am finally ready to take that step towards bettering my future and I can't get financial aid! At least not until I pull up my GPA which I had no idea had anything to do with getting help.

It seems like I have exhausted all my options and all I want to do is get back to school, become a nurse and take care of people!

Not to mention the paycheck wouldn't be so bad either!

1 comment:

  1. Keep your chin up. Things will work out. I know it's tough to not know what your life holds for you!

    ReplyDelete